Mouth ulcers are most common problem occurring in mouth, particularly in women and young adults. Soreness of the mouth that causes too much pain is called as a mouth ulcer. You may encounter a white and grayish pit with red halos causing soreness and burning pain. It is also known as canker sores. These ulcers usually appear on the tongue, lips, inside the cheeks, even inside the bottom lips and on the gums. You feel a burning and tingling sensation in the mouth when the ulcer is about to occur. These ulcers are not contagious but always tend to reoccur.
Mouth ulcers disturb you and you feel uncomfortable as you can’t eat, drink, talk or brush freely. Most of the ulcers are harmless but it becomes worse if you do not treat it on time. You should have a look at the below mentioned tips by which you are able to deal with your mouth ulcers naturally without using any over the counter medication.
- You can use coconut milk to treat mouth ulcers because it acts as a good medicine for ulcers. You can get coconut milk by grating coconut. You need to gargle with this extract milk for about three to four times a day.
- You need to boil some coriander leaves in water and gargle with this lukewarm water for at least 3-4 times a day. You will notice better results because it is one of the simple remedy for mouth ulcers.
- You can also gargle with cold water and one glass of lukewarm water alternatively. This practice will cure the mouth ulcers effectively.
- Take one cup of fenugreek leaves and boil them in two cups of water. After this, strain the prepared solution and gargle with this water twice a day.
- Use one teaspoon of coriander seeds, boil it with one cup of water. After this gargle with this water when it is slightly warm. Repeat this process 3 to 4 times every day.
- You can use aloe vera which is an effective natural remedy for mouth ulcers. Take at least two tablespoons of aloe vera gel thrice daily for quick results.
- Chewing 5-6 basil leaves with some water every day. It will help you in getting rid of mouth ulcers. Follow this procedure five to six times in a day for better results.
- To get rid of mouth ulcers you can apply the mixture of turmeric powder and glycerin. Add one pinch of turmeric powder with one teaspoon of glycerin.
- You can also eat a banana with curd as the first thing in the morning for better results.
Another quick way of treating mouth ulcers in short duration is by squeezing a lemon slice on the sores. It may sting a little but it will be numb, which is good.
Along with these tips also have a look at the following things which you need to do or are not supposed to do during mouth ulcers:
- Do not forget to use soft brush to clean your teeth, every morning and night.
- In every meal, drink at least one cup of cranberry juice.
- Always prefer comforting foods such as yogurt, ice-cream and custard.
- Drink plenty of water to hydrate your body properly.
- You should keep yourself away from spicy and hot foods.
- Try to avoid the intake of beverages and hard foods like coffee and tea.
- Avoid the consumption of addictive foods such as alcohol, tobacco etc.